Saturday, July 08, 2006

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

piratesofthecaribbean.jpg

Yesterday Jim and I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dean Man's Chest. I don't want to say it was bad. It wasn't. It was funny, it had Captain Jack, there was action and there was crazy weird pirate adventure. However... considering it is a two parter it was way too long. The plot barely plodded along at some points. And it was too serious at some points. There's a whole East India Company subplot (just hearing the words East India Company makes me drowsy) that was soooo tedious. And Davy Jones? Not a patch on Captain Barbossa. He just wasn't scary nor was he funny. And I hate two parter movies. So unsatisfying. Although the ending was... intriguing

Oh well after that little let down (I did enjoy it, don't get me wrong) I now turn my hopes to tonights episode of Doctor Who. There are Daleks, Cybermen and Rose leaves/dies/becomes one with the universe. Goodbye Rose, it's been one hell of a ride. Thank you Billie Piper... you helped save Doctor Who.

rosetyler.jpg

Technorati : ,

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the warning ... Like most everyone in the world, I'm going to see "Pirates" today .. here's hoping I like it a little more than you did

    ReplyDelete