Monday, July 03, 2006

Jae Goes To Birmingham

Today I headed up to Birmingham with my manager for a work trip to our main supplier. Never have I felt so embarrassed as I was confronted with the incompetencies of my colleagues. I shall be in a bad mood when I get in tomorrow...

After that trip was over we still had some time to spare my boss showed me a brief view of the delights of the Birmingham gay scene on Hurst Street. We stopped in Prague, a nice lesbian bar where the barman was unable to pour a pint properly. We left there for Missing (Ruby's Bar) which was a standard dirty gay bar, seedy toilets, decor to suit, and a clientele and staff who gave the impression they'd give you a good shagging for free but a smile was extra. Not overly impressed I have to say but I saw a lot more potential places...

Trip home was a bit BLAH except while waiting 15 minutes on the Northern Line a cute German (they are everywhere!) fell asleep on my shoulder. That was nice.

pavelnovotny.jpg

Currently reading a book I picked up for free at a stall at pride (free stuff at pride.... I can't say no!). Called The Peculiar History of Oliver Trent by Peter Mitchell, it's a bit reminiscent in style to Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray and I think that's intentional as the book is referenced. Not too bad at all. Gay rights, history, politics, San Francisco, London and Thailand all in one book. Can't go wrong!

I'll do a proper review of it later. It appears to be a little hard to come by too so I'll fill you in on the details.


Technorati : ,

No comments:

Post a Comment