Thursday, July 13, 2006

Interesting...

One look at BBC News shows up some interesting news for once. Of late I've found the news to have been terribly bland stuff... No longer...

Eurotunnel is suffering financially. As a former employee I can't say I'm surprised. It is one of those heavily bureaucratic businesses that seems to have absolutely no dynamism... my opinion is a new, more creative company needs to be given the chance to take on Eurotunnels responsibilities. Of course I'm not pleased to see Eurotunnel in trouble... Folkestone is not a rich town, and really shouldn't have to suffer any more possible job losses.

The Arab-Israeli conflict seems to be stepping up a gear again. Never a good thing, sometimes I really don't know what to think about the whole thing. Both sides seem as bad as each other (a bit like our own "Troubles"). They both need a good slap, no supper and an early night.

After Lord Levy's arrest, is it not time for the Blair Government to call it a day? It's been too long, it's grown too fat and it needs cutting down to size. Trust me I want a Tory Government less than a Labour one... so I want Labour to be in the best position possible by the next election. That means we need some renewal to get us over the corruption, the spin and the war. Preferably a team more concerned with rolling back the red tape, and the attacks on our freedoms, and lead us back to the nitty gritty fight on poverty, education and crime.

Oh and I think this story gives me the perfect moment to apologise for things I said about Mr Menezes just after his death. I made comments that suggested he was to blame based on what the police were telling us at the time. As it turned out the police were lying and he doesn't appear to have done anything to warrant what happened to him. Mr Menezes Rest In Peace.

Hey Jesse Metcalfe... yum!

Technorati : , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment