Tuesday, March 23, 2010

That's The End To All That

Yesterday, whilst off work sick, Jim and I had a discussion and the ultimate outcome of this discussion were the following facts:

1) Moving to Folkestone is about a change of lifestyle.
2) Commuting to London every day would render this change completely ineffective.
3) I am not happy where I work.
4) My job is gone in a few months anyway thanks to my department being dissolved (yes, customer services... the "all weather" department is being dissolved!!) so I'd have to apply for a new job as it is.

Which all lead to one irrefutable decision: it was time to hand in my resignation at work.

What a relief that was. There is nothing quite like the feeling you get in a job when the axe suddenly no longer hangs even slightly near your head.

So that's it folks. The starting whistle has finally blown for the move to Kent. And there is little we can do to stop the momentum here on in, whether we like it or not.

To the next adventure...

If you feel benevolent and particularly generous, this writer always appreciates things bought for him from his wishlist

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your new adventure. You may look back on this as one of the best things you have done.

    And you are 100% right about commuting - it is tiring and "dead" time. I did it for 5 years and it's not until you stop, that you realise how much time you wasted and how exhausting it is. Sadly, due to my career and home location, I may have to do it again one day. I REALLY hope that I dont.

    Although there are not that many jobs around these days, you will be close to Ashford and Canterbury, so there may be options.

    ReplyDelete