Monday, March 29, 2010

Goodbye, Dear Constant Reader

Yes, this really is it. The End.

It's been 9 years!! My life used to be exciting enough to write about. Dates gone wrong. Drunken escapades in random destinations. The high life in London during the early days. University, work, Faulty Towers Hotel. It's been fantabulosa!

But... For the last nigh on two years I've struggled to find even a sentence to write on here most days. My average posts have gone from 3 a day to nearer 2 a week. And I must admit defeat. I love this blog, love it. But there's nothing to write about any more.

My life is about to change. A new job, new flat, and a few little surprises that I've got up my sleeve too. I'm cutting out Diet Coke. Everything is in flux. And so I think there's no better time to pull the plug than now.

Walk This World With Me will continue to exist and I will make sure I put in personal updates when anything exciting does happen. But this will be the last post of this blog. And on 30th April 2010 this blog will become password protected. It'll still be there should I need it again, as I surely will one day, but it shall be hidden away just like all my old journals were in the past.

I'd like to just say thank you so much to everyone who has read this blog over the years. And especially to you, Dear Constant Reader, who's time and patience has meant more to me than you shall ever know.

Oh and Eurovision... I'll be keeping Pop Culture going too so all my usual liveblogging of Eurovision will be happening there.

So... this is awkward. Don't be a stranger! You know where I am if you need me, and I know where you are too (my scary stalker skills have not lost any of their potency!). See you around!



If you feel benevolent and particularly generous, this writer always appreciates things bought for him from his wishlist

4 comments:

  1. Your blog as been such a pleasure to me over the years jae.....long live faulty towers hotel....a dear constant reader !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mornings will be a little duller now. Incidently, I had a couple of pints in the Ashburnham on Saturday night. Nice pub!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww... I'm glad you liked it!! Great pub. :D

    ReplyDelete