Thursday, June 14, 2012

Life Update

I never write about what I'm up to any more. I suppose that's because I now no longer have a crazy commute, crazy workmates and crazy after work craziness to blog about like I did whilst in London and before I moved up. Things have become rather laid back, unexciting and comfortable.

There are currently ZERO suitable stalkees at work. This situation has been ongoing since Rugby Boy left over a year ago. And although I do love my team at work, who are fun, the lack of hotties does make everything seem a little bland.

My old TVW job came back up this week. I applied. Sadly due to the fact I'm now on a higher pay scale and in a position of more responsibility I've been told, in a roundabout way, that I really shouldn't have applied as I'm needed elsewhere. They couldn't quite comprehend that I was willing to take a pay cut and a "lower" position in the company for a job I loved. I'll never understand people's fascination with moving up the ladder. Oh well, I'll slog it out in my current position. In better news my pay has increased by over 10% in the year and a half that I've been back at TVW. Good going! And I do believe it's company pay review month next month. Let's hope the union don't hold up talks for 8 months like they did last year.


Ayden is absolutely fantastic. He really is a great dog!

Jim's doing okay considering what he has been through over the last year and a half.

And, well, that's it for now. I will try to get back to daily postings about the things I see and do. The people of Folkestone are well worth a humourous study!

I do hope you're holding up Dear Constant Reader. It's our 11th year now! Sheesh. Where did the time go?

If you feel benevolent and particularly generous, this writer always appreciates things bought for him from his wishlist

1 comment: