Friday, June 18, 2004

Oh Gorgeous Blog Of Mine

Dear Constant Reader.

Today is my 21st birthday. This is my 736th post to this blog. We are both getting old!

Things have changed. As always I stand a bit like a rock in river *islands in a stream....* remaining mostly unchanged as people and places pass it by.

I still wear the same clothes I always have. I still like the same things I always have. I still have that bloody unshakeable stupid belief that one day I will fall in love and someone WILL fall in love with me. Everyone else seems to move on, get better, and most importantly seems to have someone fall in love with them.

I'm not bitter (much :op).

People tell me to do something about it. So I do... I go out and do stuff, I make new friends, find new places. But that only seems to ostracise those I left behind, the very people who told me to get off me bum and do something!

People say they have fallen in love with me, but in the end they never have. It's like it's ok to mess with my head as I'm pretty simple and gullible.

I have found my truth. And that is I don't wanna change. I want to find someone who likes me just the way I am. I wanna keep on living and never settle down.

I wanna touch the stars, feel the surf round my feet, I wanna see things, do things, be me!

I have decided to stop worrying so much. I am me. I have a huge number of people who call themselves my friends. People who when I pay them a visit seem totally overjoyed to see me. People really like me. And I love them.

To be honest, as they'd say in Rock Profile, "sometimes I think the whole world is mad, and we're the only sane ones".

No comments:

Post a Comment