Friday, January 04, 2013

The Office Crush: How I Miss It

Until a few years ago I always had an office crush. Whether I'm in or out of a relationship, I've always thought of crushes as a relatively benign form of amusement. 

There was Ben, Dutch Boy, Italian Boy, Spotty Boy, Big Arms Guy, Preppy American, Tube Boi, Rugby Boy. These people, often unknowingly although sometimes very knowingly, have helped me get through the working day with a smile. Unobtainable heterosexual male fantasy figures... it is all good clean fun. 

But now I have none. My entire office is women. There are some vaguely appealing men I occasionally interact with. However I'm still looking for that mix of physical attractiveness and attitude that really just makes the day a lot easier. Sigh. Is eye candy too much to ask? I miss it so. 

Talking of men at work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment