Saturday, February 17, 2018

Star Trek: Discovery

Despite all my concerns, shared still it seems by many, Star Trek: Discovery's first season turned out to be one of the best seasons in Star Trek history.


There was character development, twists, unexpected deaths, a diversity of storylines (managing to mix a series long storyline with episodic stories very, very well) and amazing effects, costumes and make-up.

I love Michael. I adore Saru. The universe the series displays is vibrant and exciting. This isn't Star Trek in the way any other Star Trek has been but... you can say that about every series. 

This IS far more Star Trek than the reboot movies have been (don't get me wrong, I love them too but there are people out there saying Discovery isn't Star Trek so just comparing!). 

Long may it continue!

I've been a Star Trek fan for longer than I've been a fan of almost anything else (Disney probably only exception) and I'm still happy with it 30 ish years after I first saw an episode of TNG. 

No comments:

Post a Comment