Tuesday, February 08, 2011

The Only Way Is Up

Oh it's been a long time Dear Constant Reader. A long, long time!! But 2011 is here and it's already ticking along quite nicely. Well that's if you consider Jim suffering some serious health issues, my card details being used by fraudsters thanks to buying Mum's Christmas present from Lush and a rather cash-tight start to the year "ticking along quite nicely".

Well it's a start isn't it? Something to move on from and improve upon? I've been saying the same things for 10 years. Which is a roundabout way of getting to why I'm posting here again. In 6 months time this blog will be 10 years old! And I thought it was fitting that I should try and post every single day from now until the blogaversary. I owe you that much at least!

Work's pottering along quite nicely, although I spend most of my day worrying about Jim and whether he's okay. Of course there's nothing I can do to help him, as he tries to navigate the bureaucracy of the NHS in order to solve his health issues (despite having private cover, but let's not get into that).

In better news we have a new crush. Tube Boi is a distant memory and now we have Rugby Boy who is a time limited work related crush, but I'm enjoying it whilst I can. The arms people. Oh the arms.

And in really, truly awesome news I won a Kindle in the "locals" (local being 80 miles away) pub raffle which I picked up this weekend and I've just received today a brand spanking new Galaxy S phone. I might have absolutely zero cash, but I'm technology rich at least...

Now let's get down to what we really came here for... Charles Dera. Is it me or has he beefed up? I whole-heartedly approve.


As it's this blogs tenth anniversary year each post until the actual blogaversary will feature a link to a randomly selected post from the past... today's post is "What Happened Next..." a tale of woe involving San Francisco, a train related suicide and a reallydodgy spacebar (did you see what I did there?). Enjoy.

If you feel benevolent and particularly generous, this writer always appreciates things bought for him from his wishlist

No comments:

Post a Comment